Publishers / Record Labels
- HOW TO GET SIGNED TO A RECORD LABEL OR MUSIC PUBLISHER VIA THE GROW MY MUSIC APP
- WHAT DOES A PUBLISHER WANT?
- WHAT DOES A RECORD LABEL WANT?
- WHAT YOU NEED TO DO?
HOW TO GET SIGNED TO A RECORD LABEL OR MUSIC PUBLISHER VIA THE GROW MY MUSIC APP
Grow My Music submits the music of our App subscribers biannually to the world’s most notable Music Publishers and Record Labels for their consideration to then sign that song writer/artist.
You should submit your music via the Grow My Music App either before it’s out (by using the MP3 download link field in your Artist Profile), or by submitting a Spotify and Apple Music link in you Artist Profile.
WHAT DOES A PUBLISHER WANT?
A publisher wants to sign HIT SONG WRITERS! They’re less concerned with who releases a song, as their royalty is attached to the composition of the song, not the sound recording. Confused? Then watch the video below.
Before submitting for Publishing / Record Labels via the app, update your ‘artist/song pitch’ to include some of the following details;
- An overview of who you are
- Notable names you’ve co-written songs with
- What’s been the most successful song you’ve written and why? E.g. radio play, sync etc.
- What instruments do you play? e.g. Guitar, vocals.
- How often do you write songs?
WHAT DOES A RECORD LABEL WANT?
They want to CLOCK STREAMS AND SELL RECORDS!!
Whilst Publisher’s sign songwriters, Record label’s sign artists. Labels want to sign artists who have had a proven track record of success previously or artists who they believe will sell records in the future. Record labels will sign artists that aren’t yet ‘proven’ because they can do this at a much cheaper price point than if they signed them after they’ve blown.
So, what are labels looking for?
- An overview of who you are
- How long have you been around and what’s your release history?
- How many streams has your most successful song achieved?
- How many record sales have you obtained?
- Who’ve you supported live?
- What are your social numbers? e.g. Monthly reach on Facebook, average engagements on socials, number of followers, etc.
- Have you achieved radio play, if so how much?
- What city and country is your largest audience in? (You can find this out from your streaming data on Apple Music / Spotify or else you should be able to find it out from the aggregator (distributor) you’ve used to distribute your songs digitally.
- Who has endorsed you e.g. a bigger artist
- Anything else notable you think may help your cause.
BULLET POINTS FOR THE ABOVE ARE PREFERRED. We don’t want a well-crafted essay, just the facts.
We let every artist know which companies they’ve been pitched to.
Finally, the less time we spend on marketing the more we can on securing opportunities for our artists and improving our service. Our artists are our family, so help us spread the word about the app to your friends that make great music.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO?
- Download the app if you haven’t already.
- Complete your artist profile HINT: You should update and tailor your artist profile to every submission. We provide tips on what each music company is specifically looking for each month.
- Jump into the ‘Members Calendar’ and press submit on the ‘PUBLISHERS/RECORD LABELS’ tile!